Today we made a beanstalk. Evie doesn't know it yet but all these things she's making are going to be used later in the week. We used this beanstalk to do some math first and then I let her fill it in however she wanted. I asked her to put certain amounts in, take away a few and see how many were left...etc. She had fun poking them in there and making it look the way she wanted it to. Then since it was so nice outside I set up her sandbox for her to play in. When she was about 2 I got her one of those Step2 sandboxes with a lid and an umbrella and a picnic table. It cost something like $300 and then of course the cost of 200lb of sand to fill it up. It was great for awhile but the lid didn't keep out rain and over the course of the following several years despite trying loads of things to keep it clean it just...never was. So we got rid of it. She was sad about it because she LOVES playing in sand but it was always green, slimy, filled with worms, and just...gross. So we...
Comments
Post a Comment